Monday, January 11, 2010

Winter Air

There is something special about the winds blowing in winter. Something Romantic, relaxing, very ethereal. It somehow beautifies everything as I felt while crossing a bridge yesterday. A slight fog hung in the air making the view hazy and everything even more otherworldly. It didn’t seem like the view from the same bridge which I cross so frequently. Yes, the pollution was there. Yes, the slums nearby. But the river running by with the line of trees in the distant. The faint outline of a mosque. People selling hot corn on the roadside. As if everything and everyone had slowed down, enjoying the winter air, even the cars passing by had sort of a slackened pace. Everyone seemed to be absorbing the tranquil peace of the chilly evening. As the wind blew against my face, ruffling up my hair and I raised my hand to settle it back, I could almost touch the Winter Air. Almost. If only I had reached out and touched it, I could probably have broken a piece and kept it with me as a source of comfort in those trying times. It was almost tangible and I knew then that every single one of my dreams had the power to come true if only I’d reach out and have the courage to touch them. A man riding a cycle with his wife sitting coyly with him completed the picture…

Answer to last week's QOTB:Global warming is an increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere (especially a sustained increase that causes climatic changes).

12 comments:

SA said...

Nice take Aditi.

Loved it. The part you talk about the hair and setting it right is probably the best.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Sanjay
http://twitter.com/sanz4u

Anonymous said...

Hey..thanks a ton Sanjay...glad to hear Some appreciation!..:)

Unknown said...

nice way of expressing simple walk of liFE. We forget these things exist until someone keeps reminding.

Anonymous said...

@Prajnyan Yeah,I guess people do tend to forget that happiness actually lies in the small things of life...

Harshit Gupta said...

It started well and right before u used the word 'tangible', it was almost Gulzarous. then it came a bit down, to earth and the completion of picture was lovable.

wonderful.

Harshit Gupta said...

sorry. my previous comment sounds like a review. but the bottomline is that i loved ur post. so hope u don't mind that.

Zcorpi said...

Good write up :-) The winter air and the hot air when we breathe in a cold temp always tend to relax us for some reason...

Anonymous said...

@Harshit Hey...I'm glad you liked my post!You couldn't have given me a bigger compliment!Thank you for your feedback.I'm glad you told me what you didn't like,it'll only help me improve!Thanks...:)

@Zcorpi Yes,Winter Air is truly relaxing...Thank you...=)

Gaurav Kant Goel said...

Very nicely written!!

Winters are good but its a rich man's weather.It sometimes becomes a nightmare for poor ones. :(

Anonymous said...

Thank You Gaurav! I agree with you,winter is a most enjoyable season but for the not so privileged population, it can be a nightmare..we are truly blessed to have all the amenities in life..

ani_aset said...

well written aditi..came here from twitter

Anonymous said...

@Ani thanks so much!