Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Distance

"A part of you has grown on me.
Together forever we shall be.Never apart.
Maybe in distance but not in the heart."
-Anonymous

Over the years I have been lucky to have amazing friends-in school, in college, on the World Wide Web and I've found friends in the most unimaginable of places.
Didn't know a girl existed in school for 11 and a half years and now she's the first person I turn to for anything.
Hardly talked to one until school got over and now I cant imagine life without her.We meet only twice a year but we start exactly where we left off.
Someone commented on my blog-the first comment on my first blog post and now that someone is my friend, philosopher and guide and sent me one of my most precious possessions. I've never met her by the way.But it doesn't seem that way at all.
You think a person is your best friend but you won"t realize when distance creeps in between you two.Distance doesn't knock on the door and enter, it just comes. As you try and distance yourself from someone, you might just draw closer to him. Distance cannot be created. Sometimes you think there's distance between two people but they might be best friends.Distance can be deceptive.
They say away from sight, away from heart.I say distance doesn't really matter unless you let it. You might be miles away from someone and yet it doesn't feel that way and you might live under the same roof with someone where the distance can never be covered.So if you feel distance is what is keeping you away from what you want or who you want in your life, think again because distance doesn't know how far it is or how long it is unless we give it that power.

PS: This one's for you Eshi, Pri and Sim..I Love you guys and always know,no matter the distance between us, you'll be in my heart forever.

3 comments:

Prianthi Roy said...

"Can miles truly separate us from friends? If you want to be with someone, aren't you already there?"

Thanks for this Adi. Lots of love.

tarasimi said...

"distance doesn't really matter unless you let it" - perfectly put!

I'm flattered & touched to be considered so special. It's definitely mutual! Met so many wonderful people who live miles away. Distance is not an obstacle when you're truly compatible. And, of course, the internet makes it easier :)

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! <3