Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Films

As expected, no one has replied! The answer is Kidnap. It’s a good movie, not as bad as the critics say. Question of the Blog (QOTB)-Which movie did I go for earlier? What can I say about these film critics? I remember very clearly that Race was a blockbuster hit but the critics had ruled it off! Irrespective of the reviews, the film was a hit. I know that is not the most important thing for a filmmaker, he does need “critical acclaim” but audience response is equally important. I would also like to say that though I love watching all the rom-com and action and comedy and masala films, once in a while I do like to watch some serious cinema. Like for example, Khuda Kay Liye, Aamir. I think these were brilliant films though not high income grosses. It actually makes you sit up and think and I feel the makers of these movies achieved what they set out to do. I wonder had I been in Aamir’s shoes, would I have taken the same decision of killing myself rather than a hundred others?? I still don’t know the answer. And in Khuda Kay Liye, Mariam returning to Afghanistan was a very touching decision and very believable too. But what the Maulana made Sarmat do wasn’t right. Religion doesn’t forbid us to follow our heart does it? I don’t think so; I just can’t stand these extremists and orthodox people. Such lack they have. I mean why can’t they mind their own business?? Anyways, I’ve decided something that everyday I will devote ten minutes to write in my blog and ten minutes for my diary. I can’t ignore my diary can I? What if it gets angry with me? Ya, I’m like that-I love my things as much as I love people, if not more! Laugh Out Loud! I feel they also have feelings. I mean if they are such an important part of our lives I’m sure even they have feelings. Anyways I have long exceeded my “writing time”. Bye.

No comments: