Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Change

Hi. Long time. Actually I was waiting for the answer to the last QOTB and the answer is yes! (That was an excuse by the way!). Ganguly has retired-he was a great player and despite his failures didn’t lose hope-a true star. This month this will be my first entry and my last too-it’s my sister’s wedding. A lot of changes will happen in the coming month-my sister will get married and my school will be over. Change-the only life that I have known till now is school life and my sister has stayed with me from my birth, both things will change now, but strangely enough, I will not lose touch with either-I WILL return to my school and will obviously stay in touch with my sister. Talking of change, Barack Obama is America’s first Black President-that’s change, but like in my case, I will fight the change, will Obama also face the wrath or shall I say continue to face the wrath- as he has also faced a lot of speculation(quoting Bertie Wooster-“if that’s the word I’m looking for!”)-of ‘anti-change’ factors? My economics teacher says its all “psychological”! And I’ve also heard that people want Saurav to reconsider his retirement-people don’t seem to like change. Again, I had put in twenty precious days for a contest (not a reality show if that’s what anyone is thinking!) and gave it my best shot but ultimately the contest got cancelled because “the judges didn’t like any of the entries”. This changed me as what I had thought was quite simple actually was a harrowing (if that’s the word I’m looking for!) task and at the end of it all I sort of didn’t want to part with something which had change me so-it made me realize things and brought me closer to (may sound clichéd) well, myself, so its okay even though the contest was cancelled-I’m sure all my efforts will be rewarded one day. Whatever happens, happens for the good-I’m a sincere believer in this, which sort of shows that I’ll accept change and want certain things to change but at the same time, funnily enough I don’t exactly like change that much. But again whatever happens happens for the good. This in no way means that I just accept everything as it is, I fight for change and always will. Question Of The Blog(QOTB)-Which famous series does the character Bertie Wooster belong to? This blog is turning out to be more like an online diary-it doesn’t seem to contain the amazing stuff which I’ve read on other people’s blogs. Anyways whatever happens happens for the good and I’m not about to change that!
P.S.-Just discovered that I have a FOLLOWER!! Feeling quite nice actually! Thank You Dear Follower; you don’t know how happy you’ve made me!

2 comments:

tarasimi said...

First and foremost, heartiest congratulations to your sister on her upcoming marriage. My best wishes to her and her husband for a long, happy and fulfilling life! :)

Now to your blog - I'm finding the old adage "change is the only constant in life" to hold increasingly true as I experience life. I'm more of a "come what may" kind of girl, less a "everything happens for a reason" or the notion of "jo hoga, achche ke liye hoga" ... so inevitably I welcome, or at the least accept change.
Like you, I'm of two minds. I look forward to change because it's only to be expected. And certainly I strive for change as, when and where it's needed, be it personal or for some "greater good". At the same time I'm rather attached to the habits of my past. Recent changes in my life have taught me that I'd much rather the personal, or rather interpersonal life I share with my family is something I'd rather not change, even for the so-called better. I think it boils down to individual sets of circumstances. Often we want the least amount of change in our personal lives - unless there's a severe problem or need for betterment. However, on a professional scale, or a global level, we are always striving for change - nothing is ever good enough on that level. I think it's because there's a nearly automatic sense of fulfillment when it comes to personal relationships, but we still feel that there is a lot left to be gained on professional and global levels. And, of course, to achieve that, there much be change.

Your blog may have started to turn to a more personal level - a more diary/journal style of exposition. However, in my experience as a writer back in high school and then to in my early college days, the best pieces often come from a personal level. It is, after all, what we know best. I say keep it up. It may sound trite at times, but you never know when a gem may crop up. And you never know who may be reading your blog - this atmosphere gives rise to the potential of many new doors opening up to us. :)

Lastly - for now ;) - it's my pleasure to be your follower.

And now I'll leave since my comment is nearly as long as your blog ;D

Anonymous said...

Hey Simi,
Thanks for your wishes...
you know I completely agree with you on one thing-like you said we both are in two minds but actually we all do strive for change at a proffesional level or generally the orthodox views of our society...we just want that change which is good for us but at the same time like I said earlierwhatever happens,its for a reason...any small thing...tell me something are you pragmatic?coz if you're not we're gonna gel really well...!..and ya you didnt tell me which city are you from...